Consultancy Assignment - Developing communication and advocacy materials for the Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation
Terms of reference for Consultancy Assignment
The parliamentarians’ movement for evaluation has rapidly grown in the past few years, particularly during 2014-2015. Regional parliamentarians’ fora were created in Africa, East Asia, (www.pfeea.org), Latin America (https://foropelac.wordpress.com/) and MENA. The first ever parliamentarians’ forum, the Parliamentarians Forum for Development Evaluation (PFDE) was established in South Asia in early 2013 (www.pfde.net). The African Parliamentarians Network on Development Evaluation (APNODE) was initiated at the African Evaluation Association (AfrEA) conference held in Yaounde, Cameroon in March 2014. Global Parliamentarians Forum for Evaluation (GPFE) was launched on 25 Nov 2015 at the Parliament of Nepal while celebrating the International Year of Evaluation 2015.
GPFE had the network meeting in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in the context of EvalPartners Global Forum and one of the recommendations was to develop advocacy and communication materials. It is needed to communicate parliamentarians on messages on GPFE, evaluation, Sustainable Development Goals in a simple message so that they understand the importance of them. GPFE currently has a website and a webpage on EvalPartmers website. Also a preliminary brochure is available which does not include recent updates. Therefore communication and advocacy materials would be important to get more parliamentarians engaged in promotion of evaluation. This work will be entrusted with a consultant.
Tasks of the consultant
The consultant is expected to perform the tasks listed below in consultation with the GPFE Steering Committee members, GPFE members, members of regional parliamentarians’ fora and of their executive committees, and individuals in organizations supporting the GPFE.
- Identify needs of communication and advocacy materials in consultation with GPFE Steering Committee and members.
- Finalize themes and outline of identified materials.
- Finalize content of materials.
- Coordinate translation of materials in to French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian.
- Finalize lay out of the materials with necessary visuals (web version and printed version)
Deliverables of the consultancy
The consultant is expected to submit following deliverables:
- Recommendations to the GPFE for communication and advocacy materials.
- Finalized materials.
- Final printed and web versions.
Qualifications of the consultant
We are looking for a consultant who
- Has a Master degree in social development, evaluation, political science or related field.
- Expertise and experience in developing communication and advocacy materials.
- Understands or have experience in evaluation.
- Has good understanding of the parliamentarians’ initiative, and global parliamentarians’ forum.
- Has good knowledge and experience in working with parliamentarians.
Being a reputed professional in the evaluation field is an added advantage.
Knowledge on EvalPartners, IOCE and EvalPartners networks is an added advantage.
Time frame and budget:
- The consultancy starts on 1st of July 2017 and deliverables should be completed within three months period.
- Application deadline is the 5th of June 2017 and selection will be finalized by the 20th of June.
- The fee for the total consultancy is USD 6,000 which will be paid after submitting the final products.
- The consultancy fee does not include translation cost. Cost for the translation will be paid separately to translators directly by IOCE.
- Management of the consultancy and payments will be done in line with IOCE management procedures.
- It is expected that the consultant will get input from stakeholders via electronic means (e.g., email, Skype); there will be no extra payments for communication, travel, or any other expenses.
Application and Selection:
Please send your application (CV and the cover letter) to Lynn Burgess by 5th June 2017:
Only short listed applicants will be notified with next steps.
Click here to view a PDF version of the Terms of Reference.