Call and Registration form WBEN Conference 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
2nd REGIONAL CONFERENCE FOR EVALUATORS IN THE WESTERN BALKANS
25-26 X 2017, HOTEL INTERNATIONAL, ZAGREB
Organised by the Western Balkan Evaluation Network (WBEN), Croatian Evaluation Network/Institute of Economics, Zagreb (HEM/EIZ) and Croatian Section of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA)
The PROGRAMME BOARD of the 2nd Regional conference of Western Balkan Evaluators invites members of evaluation networks and other interested experts that deal with evaluation of public policies, programmes and projects to submit abstracts based on practical evaluation experience and/or scientific research to be presented at the conference by 15th July 2017.
Working languages of the conference are English, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Slovenian and Serbian. Authors can submit their abstract in one of the mentioned languages and present in the language of own choice. The plenary sessions and round table will be facilitated in English. Parallel sessions will be facilitated in accordance with languages of the majority of authors and audience in the session.
MAIN CONFERENCE THEMES ARE:
- PRACTICE: State of practice and system of policy impact evaluation in states, sectors, regions; perspectives of specific experiences and published evaluation studies.
- CHALLENGES: Challenges in evaluation theory, methodology, systems, standards or ethics.
- INTERNATIONAL APPROACHES TO EVALUATION: Evaluation systems and broader evaluation challenges of the EU, international donors, UN and other global evaluation protagonists.
- EVALUATION COMMUNITY: Organisation and functioning of evaluation communities in the region.
- NETWORKING: Regional cooperation of evaluators – experiences from the regional network/s.
We INVITE AUTHORS to prepare abstracts and include the following information:
- Name, surname, organisation, contact information (E-mail, Telephone, Address)
- Presentation Title (cca. 10 words)
- Abstract text between 300-500 words including a brief problem description, research objective, case studz or methodological issues that will be presented, key findings, results, and conclusion with reference to evaluation methods, practice or experiences relevant for networking activities of evaluators. Mention 2-3 references to cited literature/publications.
- For PLENARY AND PARALLEL SESSIONS presentations have to be prepared as visual support to the presentation content to be presented by the author. Please, prepare the presentation in „power-point format” or similar and it should last for 15-20 minutes.
- For the POSTER session authors prepare a schematic/graphic presentation of a selected theme, which will be presented during the session breaks.
ABSTRACTS CAN BE SENT by e-mail to any of the Programme Board Members, and for any further help, feel free to contact: (BiH); (Croatia), (Macedonia; Montenegro), (Slovenia); (Serbia). Information is available at: http://www.sdeval.si/ or http://www.eizg.hr/.
Confirmation about the selection results will be sent to the Authors by 10th September 2017.